Instructions for Mini-Symposium Proposal (WCCM XV - APCOM VIII)
If you are interested in organizing a mini-symposium (MS) as a part of WCCM XV - APCOM VIII Congress, you are welcome to submit a proposal. Prior to the submission of the proposal, the MS organizers should consider the following:
- The topic of the MS should focus on the current interest and important topics within the scope of the congress.
- Each MS normally consists of up to 2 slots. A single slot consists of 6 presentations (20 min. per 1 presentation, minimum of 5 presentations), or a keynote talk (40 min.) and 5 presentations.
- For practical reasons, each MS shall have a Corresponding Organizer, who will submit the MS proposal and keep in contact with the Conference Secretariat, and one or more Co-organizers.
- The MS organizers can deliver their talks as part of the MS.
- The MS organizers will be in-charge of the abstracts and papers submissions, review process, notifying the authors regarding the acceptance of the contributions submitted to their sessions, and distribute the conference news to all the authors in their sessions. The organizers need to ensure all the papers of their sessions can be submitted by the deadline of submission of paper which will be online through the congress website.
- It is discouraged that the speakers of MS come from the same organization or if all co-authors of the papers are from the same organization.
- No special financial arrangement or treatment will be provided to the MS organizers and invited speakers. However, the MS organizers, chairpersons for each session and invited speakers will be indicated in the congress program.
- All proposals will be carefully evaluated by the congress Technical Program Committee (TPC). Please notice that some proposals may be recommended to merge with others, at the TPC’s discretion. This is to avoid multiple MS on the same (or nearly the same) topic. Proponents will be notified about the acceptance of their proposals 30 days after the deadline.
- Deadline for submission of MS proposals is extended to June 2, 2021.
- Please note that the congress allows only one presentation per registered participant.
WCCM-APCOM 2022 Organizers, the IACM and APACM are of course very focused and sensitive on the current situation and development of COVID-19. We ensure to all our MS organizers and delegates that we will be closely following any update and will ensure the feasibility of the conference, being it with a potential online/hybrid options in case it is needed. And, of course ensuring that the onsite experience for all delegates follows all the healthcare and security measures established by the World Health Organization and the regulations of local governments.